Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Day Five - ADVENTure of Christmas


Yep, I'm here with my fifth installment on how to get your December off to a grand start of memories and fun! Today we're talking about CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

So, as a recap, 

  1. Grab a December calendar online or make one or find one at home
  2. Plug in the dates you already have plans for (school plays, sports, special gatherings)
  3. Jot down the events that happen in your area that you hold an interest in participating in (Santa visits, tree lightings, parades, etc.)
  4. Find your favorite Christmas books and have those ready
  5. Gather your collection or set your DVR for your favorite Christmas movies
  6. Decide what activities you want to include.
  7. Tie in your faith to your fun!
Remember, each day you will PLAN to view a movie, complete an activity together, read a book, focus on a letter of the alphabet (for those with little ones like me), and address part of the 12 days of Christmas as it parallels to the Bible. The important thing here is to PLAN. You can always deviate from the plan but at least HAVE a plan.

So, as I stated, today we are compiling those playlists!  Nothing can set the mood like good music!  Christmastime is no different!  So what are your favorites?  Do you  need a list to download?  Want to remember your all-time favorites to be sure you buy on your iTunes list?


Here are some of my all time favorite Christmas songs that just make my holiday better!  I will, however, start with the end-all-be-all Christmas song for me.  **swoon**





  • Elvis Presley, "Blue Christmas"
  • Elton John, "Step Into Christmas"
  • Michael Buble, "Winter Wonderland"
  • Bing Crosby, "White Christmas" (Otis Redding does a soulful job too!)
  • Mariah Carey, "All I Want For Christmas"
  • Jackson 5, "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
  • Harry Connick Jr., "Sleigh Ride"
  • Alan Jackson, "Let It Be Christmas"
  • The Beach Boys, "Little St. Nick"
  • Casting Crowns, "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day"
  • Martina McBride, "O Holy Night" (Celine Dion does a beautiful job too)
  • Bing Crosby, "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas"
  • Gene Autrey, "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer"
  • Bobby Helms, "Jingle Bell Rock"
  • Frank Sinatra, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" (Martina's version is stellar!)
  • James Taylor and Natalie Cole, "Baby It's Cold Outside"
  • Carrie Underwood, "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
  • Brenda Lee, "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree"
  • Bruce Springsteen, "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
  • Andy Williams, "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"
  • Rascal Flatts, "I'll Be Home For Christmas"
  • Band Aid,"Do They Know It's Christmas"
  • Madonna, "Santa Baby"
  • Dean Martin, "Let It Snow, Let It Snow"
  • The Beach Boys, "Merry Christmas Baby"
  • Thurl Ravenscroft, "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch"
  • Mariah Carey, "Joy To The World" (I like that it gets upbeat and makes you wanna dance around!)
  • Wham, "Last Christmas"
  • Mormon Tabernacle Choir, "Carol of the Bells"
  • Faith Hill, "Where Are You Christmas"
  • Brian Setzer Orchestra, "Jingle Bells"
  • MercyMe, "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day"
  • Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole, "The Christmas Song"
  • Alabama, "Christmas In Dixie"
  • The Ronettes, "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
  • Charles Brown, "Please Come Home For Christmas"
  • Martina McBride "Away In A Manger"
  • Julie Andrew, "My Favorite Things"
  • Bob Rivers, "12 Pains of Christmas" (this one ALWAYS makes me laugh)
Honorable Mentions
  • Paul McCartney "A Wonderful Christmas Time" because frankly this song is just... weird.  I can't tell if I like it or if I am trying to figure out if he's on a complete acid trip through the whole thing.  I think it just reminds me of the really crappy music of his era.  The longer I listen to it, I realize he sucks the joy out of my day.  
  • Elmo and Patsy, "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" because there's nothing like ruining everyone's Christmas and then blaming Santa and his crew.  
To be completely honest, there isn't much that Martina McBride, Michael Buble or Harry Connick Jr. could sing that is Christmas-themed that I won't listen to them.  They're just simply that good!

So, that's my list.  Now what are you going to put on YOURS?  Well, get moving!  Get that list loaded onto your hard drive, shared to your devices and keep the fa la la right in the middle of your every day!

Continually getting in the spirit! Yes, I am!

No comments: